Here for what?




You know what? I’m here for the small victories and the everyday beautiful. 

I’m here for the long shower and its restfulness creeping through my bones at the end of a long hard working day. Here for the hot mug of coffee on the corner balcony feeling hidden from this world before I start my day. Here for getting excited about the moon every night, how its glistening is almost palpable to the skin, and how it never ceases to amaze me. Here eagerly waiting for the sun to come up every morning. Here for stargazing with my favourite person, starting to count them get lost in conversation then start over again. For the endless laughter and giggles in an intimate gathering of decade-old friends. For holding a sister's hand when I wake up from a bad dream. For a boop to every best boy/girl that wags their tail seeing me because they’re so happy. For that roasting of coffee beans, to cherish the help who knows exactly how I like my tea or the importance of extra pillows in my bed. For the spring in my backyard, where you’d see a gazillion colours from my balcony. For colleagues that make you laugh your wit off. Or maybe for the scented candles I ordered a week back which gets me so excited, or collecting pebbles of different colours. For mountains so shiny that they look like metal. For forests so calm they feel like a hug to your soul. For the smell of first rain on soil. That white tunic against walks on red sand. Here for the slow jazz music with red wine. For speaking broken French to the love of my life. For trading books at a book fair in a dingy basement. For trying out 566468 types of coffee. For trying out new recipes then failing but also trying again. For dancing in the kitchen making my favourite cocktail with my best friend at 2 a.m in the morning. Here for stealing fried chicken my mamma is keeping aside for curry. Here for getting into trouble when my sister chooses to rat me out to maa. I’m here for all of those shenanigans. 

For walking barefoot on the grass, chasing sunsets, drinking from fountains, etching my name on a beach, for hopelessly trying to hold on to sand, making collages with flower petals, singing along the forest, knitting memories that were stolen from a sunrise, and trying to touch the moon with my finger. For telling the moonset near every morning about how I can't even begin to fathom its glory. For a mother’s innocence and tender heart and, a father’s discipline and sense of spoiling his daughter.

For being a villain in some stories or making someone the clown in mine. I’m here for the victories one has a choice to feel every day. The battles one can choose to win every damn day.

Hey, I’m here for the little things in life. (:




Until next time
Love, always
S



Comments

Popular Posts