Skip to main content

Miss you like an old song.


Somewhere between an old radio song, a cold vanilla latte, and emotional unemployment, I wrote (blows raspberries) THIS?! 

*insert debating one’s own sanity [poet really only means the curtains are blue]

You know those people who leave so quietly that even silence starts sounding like them after a point? Excruciating enough that some nights, memory shows up disguised as curiosity and suddenly you’re three hours deep into old interviews, random reddit ravel  (wtf is even that?!), blurry photographs, and strangers loving/hating someone like they discovered them first. And somehow, against all logic, one might still end up offended… as if the world was supposed to know that your silence around them was sacred.






When they sometimes wanna make you drag out of the perfectly made (very very comfortable) cocoon then climb on top of that rooftop yell (softly though) for them to bloody get out of their head, how they’ve stretched out the liberty by far more than I’d ever care to admit. And that this madness is slightly a few Miles more than just the moon and back? Yeah. That.

Before anyone gets concerned, no, I’m not spiralling. I’m just apparently fluent in romantic damage, uninvited nostalgia, and an innate belief in unnecessary poetic suffering. 

Anyway, here's barely something, give it a go. 


**


Tu ghairmaujood yahin,
bavajood tere, main maujood kahin bhi nahin…

Haal se muhaal mera, bedardi hi sahi,
magar tere baghair mera koi wajood hi nahin.

Nadani se hi sahi, hui aqsar teri hi (kyun??!) fiqr -
ab chupana kya?
Subah ke suhoor aur shaam ki pyaali
karte tera hi ziqr..

Kaash iss khatt mein
tujhe apni jhalak dikh jaaye,
aur durdast kisi gaane mein
chupke se tu ek elaan sun paaye…

Tu bass ghairmaujood yahin,
lekin bavajood tere,
main maujood kahin bhi toh nahin.

Laazmi hi ye silsila-e-hijr-e-naseeb;
mujhe samjhe tu -
hum kabhi aaye hi nahin itne qareeb.

Khair…

Tu phir bhi ghairmaujood yahin.
Gustaakhi maaf lekin,
tere bavajood
main maujood kahin bhi toh nahin, kahin bhi toh nahin…

Tere baghair, maujood main kahin bhi toh nahin…

**

P.S.  If this sounds dramatic, blame Urdu. The language could make a grocery list sound like heartbreak and divine punishment.





Until next time,

S

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When the stars gazed back at us.

  When the stars gazed back at us,  it was not about beginnings; it was about recognition. About that rare, almost fleeting moment when the universe did not feel distant or indifferent, but attentive, almost complicit. ;) I woke up remembering you, All your words, old and new. Of dreams I hold of lands unseen, As if your name’s the hum I’ve known, your face the only thing I’ve seen. Even the sun bears your name,  Without you, rain feels strangely tame. They may call me mad, broken, or even wrongly built, I’d still reduce to dust all that may keep us apart, without remorse or even a speck of guilt. You and me, we took an oath, To be each other’s home through misery and gloat. If I were to do it all over again, I would, of course, I would, Wouldn't change a thing even if I could. I’ve held you through your sin, you’ve seen me through my crime Miles and miles I’ve carried all your shadows; you have borne witness to mine.  Across all lives, though you forg...

Aadat.

Khaama-khaayii kaisi ye  aadat , Chalo maana jaayaz tumhari shiqayat. Kabhi baaton ka rang udh jaaye, kabhi khamoshi ruk jaaye, Dil ke pardon ke beech koi purani dhoop thodi der tik jaaye. Kabhi tumhari parwah hawa ki tarah aakar guzri, par kaha nahi, Jhaank ke jab tumne apne dill ko dhoonda, tumhe vo mere paas mila, vahan nahi. Masle toh the, par jaise sirhaane se khud hi phisal gaye, Sargoshii ke taar bhi ek din be-sabab sisak gaye. Mohabbat nahi, par ek narm si hasrat tumhari reh gayi, Guftugu nahi, par ek halki si mehfil dil mein beh gayi. Sabr aur khair tera aqsar kare zikr, Qissa na bhi sunau intezaar ka, mujhe phir bhi rahegi thodi fikr. Na hi jaan aur na koi pehchaan, toh bewajah yeh kaisi shiqayat? Fitoor mera tum toh nahi, phir bhi kaisi ye  aadat ?