Skip to main content

Well, you really had me at hello. :)




Hey there,

I'm gonna ask you to do something, I'm gonna ask you to fall in love. And no, I don't mean it how you'd expect. I don't intend on patronising you for something as pure as what I'm gonna ask of you.

I'm asking you to fall in love with the little things. Fall in love with how someone scribbles on the last page of their notebook because they're jotting their most private feelings down. Fall in love with how someone takes out the peas from their mashed potatoes, how someone plays with the loose threads on their shirt when they're nervous, with how someone stammers when they tell you their insecurities, how someone sketches on a random tissue paper because it's art and is worth holding on to, how someone dog-ears a page because they love that one line, with how someone mindlessly sways to slow jazz when they think no one's watching, how someone sings at the top of their voice while buttoning up the shirt to get to work, how someone holds their pen a little tighter when they are writing down something they're excited about, how someone is so particular about the kinda black they wear even if the world won't know the difference, how someone is waiting to go to that hill-side shack to have their tea because of how the old guy will always add more sugar assuming it would sweeten one's life, with how someone recites poetry in a reassuring voice that they hope someone would read to them in, how someone falls eight times but gets up nine because they gathered the courage, or maybe how someone tries to be better, even if it's a little bit every day. 

Fall in love, absolutely and irrevocably with how, in so many ways - small and big, people are beautiful. How everyone is unique, special and how everyone has a zillion intricate folds to their ever so melancholic existence.

Go ahead, I dare you, fall in love with the little things in life. Because these little things? They're not so little after all. 


Until next time,
Love always,
S



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When the stars gazed back at us.

  When the stars gazed back at us,  it was not about beginnings; it was about recognition. About that rare, almost fleeting moment when the universe did not feel distant or indifferent, but attentive, almost complicit. ;) I woke up remembering you, All your words, old and new. Of dreams I hold of lands unseen, As if your name’s the hum I’ve known, your face the only thing I’ve seen. Even the sun bears your name,  Without you, rain feels strangely tame. They may call me mad, broken, or even wrongly built, I’d still reduce to dust all that may keep us apart, without remorse or even a speck of guilt. You and me, we took an oath, To be each other’s home through misery and gloat. If I were to do it all over again, I would, of course, I would, Wouldn't change a thing even if I could. I’ve held you through your sin, you’ve seen me through my crime Miles and miles I’ve carried all your shadows; you have borne witness to mine.  Across all lives, though you forg...

Miss you like an old song.

Somewhere between an old radio song, a cold vanilla latte, and emotional unemployment, I wrote  (blows raspberries )  THIS?!  *insert debating one’s own sanity [poet really only means the curtains are blue] You know those people who leave so quietly that even silence starts sounding like them after a point? Excruciating enough  that some nights, memory shows up disguised as curiosity and suddenly you’re three hours deep into old interviews, random reddit  ravel   (wtf is even that?!) , blurry photographs, and strangers loving/hating someone like they discovered them first.  And somehow, against all logic, one might still end up offended… as if the world was supposed to know that your silence around them was sacred. When they sometimes wanna make you drag out of the perfectly made (very very comfortable) cocoon then climb on top of that rooftop yell (softly though) for them to bloody get out of their head, how they’ve stretched out the liberty by far m...

Aadat.

Khaama-khaayii kaisi ye  aadat , Chalo maana jaayaz tumhari shiqayat. Kabhi baaton ka rang udh jaaye, kabhi khamoshi ruk jaaye, Dil ke pardon ke beech koi purani dhoop thodi der tik jaaye. Kabhi tumhari parwah hawa ki tarah aakar guzri, par kaha nahi, Jhaank ke jab tumne apne dill ko dhoonda, tumhe vo mere paas mila, vahan nahi. Masle toh the, par jaise sirhaane se khud hi phisal gaye, Sargoshii ke taar bhi ek din be-sabab sisak gaye. Mohabbat nahi, par ek narm si hasrat tumhari reh gayi, Guftugu nahi, par ek halki si mehfil dil mein beh gayi. Sabr aur khair tera aqsar kare zikr, Qissa na bhi sunau intezaar ka, mujhe phir bhi rahegi thodi fikr. Na hi jaan aur na koi pehchaan, toh bewajah yeh kaisi shiqayat? Fitoor mera tum toh nahi, phir bhi kaisi ye  aadat ?