Skip to main content

our scribbled song




He knocked on a rainy day

slipped a letter through the door

called out my name

and went away.


On the parchment were his worries and smiles

a few tear drops 

a dried wallflower

and his smell that took me away a thousand miles.


I could hear him sing..

it's scribbled in the stars

we've gotta steal galaxies and call them ours

we belong together honey, it's been so long

listen to the ocean it sings the same song


So let's hold hands and sway

I've got sunshine I wanna give away

wanna touch your soul, wanna touch your skin

I'll always love you no matter where you've been.


So I pack my bags and tie my hair 

seal the windows tight

blanket the beds

to tell you the truth, I really din care.


Rushed down the stairs

found him waiting there

with a red umbrella, glitter in his eyes

he promised only sweet dreams, no more nightmares.


And I could hear him sing..

it's scribbled in the stars

we've gotta steal galaxies and call them ours

we belong together, honey it's been so long

listen to the ocean it sings the same song


So let's hold hands and sway

I've got sunshine I wanna give away

wanna feel your soul, wanna feel your skin

I'll always love you no matter where you've been

O darling, but I'll love you, no matter where you've been.




Until we meet again,
Love, always
S



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When the stars gazed back at us.

  When the stars gazed back at us,  it was not about beginnings; it was about recognition. About that rare, almost fleeting moment when the universe did not feel distant or indifferent, but attentive, almost complicit. ;) I woke up remembering you, All your words, old and new. Of dreams I hold of lands unseen, As if your name’s the hum I’ve known, your face the only thing I’ve seen. Even the sun bears your name,  Without you, rain feels strangely tame. They may call me mad, broken, or even wrongly built, I’d still reduce to dust all that may keep us apart, without remorse or even a speck of guilt. You and me, we took an oath, To be each other’s home through misery and gloat. If I were to do it all over again, I would, of course, I would, Wouldn't change a thing even if I could. I’ve held you through your sin, you’ve seen me through my crime Miles and miles I’ve carried all your shadows; you have borne witness to mine.  Across all lives, though you forg...

Miss you like an old song.

Somewhere between an old radio song, a cold vanilla latte, and emotional unemployment, I wrote  (blows raspberries )  THIS?!  *insert debating one’s own sanity [poet really only means the curtains are blue] You know those people who leave so quietly that even silence starts sounding like them after a point? Excruciating enough  that some nights, memory shows up disguised as curiosity and suddenly you’re three hours deep into old interviews, random reddit  ravel   (wtf is even that?!) , blurry photographs, and strangers loving/hating someone like they discovered them first.  And somehow, against all logic, one might still end up offended… as if the world was supposed to know that your silence around them was sacred. When they sometimes wanna make you drag out of the perfectly made (very very comfortable) cocoon then climb on top of that rooftop yell (softly though) for them to bloody get out of their head, how they’ve stretched out the liberty by far m...

Aadat.

Khaama-khaayii kaisi ye  aadat , Chalo maana jaayaz tumhari shiqayat. Kabhi baaton ka rang udh jaaye, kabhi khamoshi ruk jaaye, Dil ke pardon ke beech koi purani dhoop thodi der tik jaaye. Kabhi tumhari parwah hawa ki tarah aakar guzri, par kaha nahi, Jhaank ke jab tumne apne dill ko dhoonda, tumhe vo mere paas mila, vahan nahi. Masle toh the, par jaise sirhaane se khud hi phisal gaye, Sargoshii ke taar bhi ek din be-sabab sisak gaye. Mohabbat nahi, par ek narm si hasrat tumhari reh gayi, Guftugu nahi, par ek halki si mehfil dil mein beh gayi. Sabr aur khair tera aqsar kare zikr, Qissa na bhi sunau intezaar ka, mujhe phir bhi rahegi thodi fikr. Na hi jaan aur na koi pehchaan, toh bewajah yeh kaisi shiqayat? Fitoor mera tum toh nahi, phir bhi kaisi ye  aadat ?