Skip to main content

Glitch.



Spare a moment for my nonsense, will you? Indulge me I promise it’ll be mildly poetic.


Back at it, like we never left at Miles’s office somewhere midtown, minimalist.


Smells like control and caffeine.


There’s a click of a pen. A screen flickers. A vendor; sweaty with ambition and some very questionable fonts in his pitch deck is halfway through saying something about “synergistic market expansion.”


Miles, blinking slowly like someone who’s just realized his soul is leaving his body via spreadsheet, leans back. His specs are sliding down just enough to make him look like the love child of a TED Talk and a Jane Austen character.


And then there it is.


  • Nat (in his head):

“If I hear one more man use the word ‘synergy’ like it’s an aphrodisiac, I’m going to put a blueprint through the shredder just to cope.”


  • Miles (blinks, smirks):

“Tell me more about your radical views on site planning, darling. This guy just told me that market penetration is about intimacy. I think I need a shower.”


  • Nat (mentally swirling coffee):

“Oh? While I’m convincing a man that contouring terrain for natural runoff isn’t witchcraft. You’d love it. He just asked if ‘moulding the land’ was a metaphor for female intuition. I’m honestly considering committing a small crime.”


  • Miles:

“You’re so good when you’re professionally offended. It’s like watching a swan in stilettos kick someone in the shins.”


  • Nat:

“And you’re charming in that annoying way where I forget the point of gravity when your wavy hair bounces a certain way when you tilt your head. Do they… bounce on purpose? Is that a thing now? Weaponized cuteness?”


  • Miles (snorts softly mid-pitch):

“The waves? Nat. They’re just hair. If I knew they were causing architectural disarray, I would’ve gelled them down with investor-grade seriousness.”


>>> Vendor (oblivious, excited): “And that’s why our solution aligns with your mission, Mr. Miles. It’s about unlocking your customer’s unmet desire.” <<<


  • Miles (in his head, deadpan):

“My unmet desire currently involves running my hands through someone’s very judgmental, skimmed-milk-sipping hair.”


  • Nat (hearing that like a whisper down the wind):

“Control yourself, Romeo. I’m in the middle of saying ‘urban permeability’ with a straight face.”


  • Miles (chuckling):

“You say ‘urban permeability’ and I hear ‘let me into your stupid overthinking brain, Miles, I swear I won’t redecorate.’”


  • Nat:

“Too late. I already put up bookshelves, moved in the plants, and replaced all the cynicism with sarcasm that smells like lavender.”


  • Miles:

“You always did know how to improve the place.”



 >>> Vendor: “So, what do you think, Mr. Miles? Shall we move forward?” <<<


  • Miles (with a glazed look that screams ‘I was somewhere else and it was better’):

“Right. Yes. Let’s… touch base after touching grass. I mean I’ll circle back.”


  • Nat (laughing silently):

“You’re losing it. You need a vacation. Preferably one that includes me, coastal wind, and you not wearing those specs so I stand a chance.”


  • Miles (smiling like a man who just heard his favorite poem read out loud):

“They’re staying on. Let a girl dream.”





He went back to nodding at spreadsheets that meant nothing. She kept convincing clients that water doesn’t ask for permission. But in their heads? The dialogue never stopped. The glances were imagined. The laughter was real.




And somewhere, beneath the meeting minutes and the smell of burnt espresso, sat a truth they wouldn’t dare admit out loud—
they were each other’s favorite distraction.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When the stars gazed back at us.

  When the stars gazed back at us,  it was not about beginnings; it was about recognition. About that rare, almost fleeting moment when the universe did not feel distant or indifferent, but attentive, almost complicit. ;) I woke up remembering you, All your words, old and new. Of dreams I hold of lands unseen, As if your name’s the hum I’ve known, your face the only thing I’ve seen. Even the sun bears your name,  Without you, rain feels strangely tame. They may call me mad, broken, or even wrongly built, I’d still reduce to dust all that may keep us apart, without remorse or even a speck of guilt. You and me, we took an oath, To be each other’s home through misery and gloat. If I were to do it all over again, I would, of course, I would, Wouldn't change a thing even if I could. I’ve held you through your sin, you’ve seen me through my crime Miles and miles I’ve carried all your shadows; you have borne witness to mine.  Across all lives, though you forg...

Miss you like an old song.

Somewhere between an old radio song, a cold vanilla latte, and emotional unemployment, I wrote  (blows raspberries )  THIS?!  *insert debating one’s own sanity [poet really only means the curtains are blue] You know those people who leave so quietly that even silence starts sounding like them after a point? Excruciating enough  that some nights, memory shows up disguised as curiosity and suddenly you’re three hours deep into old interviews, random reddit  ravel   (wtf is even that?!) , blurry photographs, and strangers loving/hating someone like they discovered them first.  And somehow, against all logic, one might still end up offended… as if the world was supposed to know that your silence around them was sacred. When they sometimes wanna make you drag out of the perfectly made (very very comfortable) cocoon then climb on top of that rooftop yell (softly though) for them to bloody get out of their head, how they’ve stretched out the liberty by far m...

Aadat.

Khaama-khaayii kaisi ye  aadat , Chalo maana jaayaz tumhari shiqayat. Kabhi baaton ka rang udh jaaye, kabhi khamoshi ruk jaaye, Dil ke pardon ke beech koi purani dhoop thodi der tik jaaye. Kabhi tumhari parwah hawa ki tarah aakar guzri, par kaha nahi, Jhaank ke jab tumne apne dill ko dhoonda, tumhe vo mere paas mila, vahan nahi. Masle toh the, par jaise sirhaane se khud hi phisal gaye, Sargoshii ke taar bhi ek din be-sabab sisak gaye. Mohabbat nahi, par ek narm si hasrat tumhari reh gayi, Guftugu nahi, par ek halki si mehfil dil mein beh gayi. Sabr aur khair tera aqsar kare zikr, Qissa na bhi sunau intezaar ka, mujhe phir bhi rahegi thodi fikr. Na hi jaan aur na koi pehchaan, toh bewajah yeh kaisi shiqayat? Fitoor mera tum toh nahi, phir bhi kaisi ye  aadat ?